Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

AccueilAccueil  PortailPortail  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  ConnexionConnexion  
-34%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
-34% LG OLED55B3 – TV OLED 4K 55″ 2023 – 100Hz HDR 10+, ...
919 € 1399 €
Voir le deal

Map 21 - Chapel of Ghouls (by Adrian Hanekom, Rauno Marks and [WH]-Wilou84)

+2
franckFRAG
deathevokation
6 participants
Aller à la page : 1, 2, 3  Suivant
AuteurMessage
[WH]-Wilou84
Rêveur perpétuel
[WH]-Wilou84

Map 21 - Chapel of Ghouls (by Adrian Hanekom, Rauno Marks and [WH]-Wilou84) - Page 2 Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Map 21 - Chapel of Ghouls (by Adrian Hanekom, Rauno Marks and [WH]-Wilou84)   Map 21 - Chapel of Ghouls (by Adrian Hanekom, Rauno Marks and [WH]-Wilou84) - Page 2 EmptyMar 29 Juil 2014, 21:50

Sounds like a typical DeathevokatioN trope here... I had the very same thing on Unholy Realms map 31 Razz
( Btw, is there a final, demo-friendly version of this wad ? )

Anyway, I'm sure this one will turn out great as well ! Wink

George Orwell
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
https://dsdarchive.com/players/william_huber
deathevokation
Cacodémon
deathevokation

Clan(s) : ( Aucun )

Map 21 - Chapel of Ghouls (by Adrian Hanekom, Rauno Marks and [WH]-Wilou84) - Page 2 Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Map 21 - Chapel of Ghouls (by Adrian Hanekom, Rauno Marks and [WH]-Wilou84)   Map 21 - Chapel of Ghouls (by Adrian Hanekom, Rauno Marks and [WH]-Wilou84) - Page 2 EmptyVen 08 Aoû 2014, 18:18

How's progress with this map doing, Franck? Smile
franckFRAG
Modérateur du chaos
franckFRAG

MessageSujet: Re: Map 21 - Chapel of Ghouls (by Adrian Hanekom, Rauno Marks and [WH]-Wilou84)   Map 21 - Chapel of Ghouls (by Adrian Hanekom, Rauno Marks and [WH]-Wilou84) - Page 2 EmptySam 09 Aoû 2014, 11:53

I really didn't have time to occupy me of your map this week Surprised It's really time which I work above! I need to create new textures to replace originals Smile
http://doomstaze.free.fr En ligne
deathevokation
Cacodémon
deathevokation

MessageSujet: Re: Map 21 - Chapel of Ghouls (by Adrian Hanekom, Rauno Marks and [WH]-Wilou84)   Map 21 - Chapel of Ghouls (by Adrian Hanekom, Rauno Marks and [WH]-Wilou84) - Page 2 EmptyMar 12 Aoû 2014, 08:10

Ahhh okay, no worries man, well I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with!!
deathevokation
Cacodémon
deathevokation

MessageSujet: Re: Map 21 - Chapel of Ghouls (by Adrian Hanekom, Rauno Marks and [WH]-Wilou84)   Map 21 - Chapel of Ghouls (by Adrian Hanekom, Rauno Marks and [WH]-Wilou84) - Page 2 EmptyDim 15 Fév 2015, 00:44

Hey Franck, any progress with the map? Lets kickstart this project again. Razz
deathevokation
Cacodémon
deathevokation

MessageSujet: Re: Map 21 - Chapel of Ghouls (by Adrian Hanekom, Rauno Marks and [WH]-Wilou84)   Map 21 - Chapel of Ghouls (by Adrian Hanekom, Rauno Marks and [WH]-Wilou84) - Page 2 EmptyDim 12 Avr 2015, 22:19

Hey all, if Franck is still too busy, maybe Wilou would be interested in collabing and designing the yellow key route, and helping with converting the map texturewise (because I feel really intimidated learning a new texture set, hehe)?

Smile

Hope everyone had a great weekend!
franckFRAG
Modérateur du chaos
franckFRAG

MessageSujet: Re: Map 21 - Chapel of Ghouls (by Adrian Hanekom, Rauno Marks and [WH]-Wilou84)   Map 21 - Chapel of Ghouls (by Adrian Hanekom, Rauno Marks and [WH]-Wilou84) - Page 2 EmptyDim 12 Avr 2015, 22:40

It can be a good idea Smile Wilou is maybe less busy than me x)
[WH]-Wilou84
Rêveur perpétuel
[WH]-Wilou84

MessageSujet: Re: Map 21 - Chapel of Ghouls (by Adrian Hanekom, Rauno Marks and [WH]-Wilou84)   Map 21 - Chapel of Ghouls (by Adrian Hanekom, Rauno Marks and [WH]-Wilou84) - Page 2 EmptyDim 12 Avr 2015, 22:57

@ Deathevo : Please send the map my way !
Actually tbh I'm really busy as well ( and Game of Thrones season 5 will certainly eat some of my upcoming free time Razz ), but if it's only about adding a couple areas and retexturing, maybe I can do it.... Smile
deathevokation
Cacodémon
deathevokation

MessageSujet: Re: Map 21 - Chapel of Ghouls (by Adrian Hanekom, Rauno Marks and [WH]-Wilou84)   Map 21 - Chapel of Ghouls (by Adrian Hanekom, Rauno Marks and [WH]-Wilou84) - Page 2 EmptyLun 13 Avr 2015, 00:23

Yay!

Well the map is sent, if you run out of ammo (and you will run out of ammo) you have to punch the cyberdemon to death because fuck you, haha.  Cool
You can add more ammo Smile

I decided to play the map again and I completely exhausted the map's ammo and had some monsters left, so Franck was right. Smile Although, to an extent I do want to have the beginning part of the map where you have to take a shotgun from the dead clutches of a shotgunner and get chased around a bit before you can start playing aggressively.. I just took it to an extreme level where only the author can win, so you can tone it down a little bit, haha. Razz

cheers!
JC
Membre banni
JC

MessageSujet: Re: Map 21 - Chapel of Ghouls (by Adrian Hanekom, Rauno Marks and [WH]-Wilou84)   Map 21 - Chapel of Ghouls (by Adrian Hanekom, Rauno Marks and [WH]-Wilou84) - Page 2 EmptyLun 13 Avr 2015, 10:42

-

Dernière édition par JC le Lun 17 Sep 2018, 15:38, édité 1 fois
deathevokation
Cacodémon
deathevokation

MessageSujet: Re: Map 21 - Chapel of Ghouls (by Adrian Hanekom, Rauno Marks and [WH]-Wilou84)   Map 21 - Chapel of Ghouls (by Adrian Hanekom, Rauno Marks and [WH]-Wilou84) - Page 2 EmptyLun 13 Avr 2015, 18:31

Here; -

Just remember it's unfinished.
Smile

edit: removed link
Sent via pm

Dernière édition par deathevokation le Lun 13 Avr 2015, 21:28, édité 1 fois
franckFRAG
Modérateur du chaos
franckFRAG

MessageSujet: Re: Map 21 - Chapel of Ghouls (by Adrian Hanekom, Rauno Marks and [WH]-Wilou84)   Map 21 - Chapel of Ghouls (by Adrian Hanekom, Rauno Marks and [WH]-Wilou84) - Page 2 EmptyLun 13 Avr 2015, 18:34

Thanks Deathevo! However, I prefer that you send the link in private message Smile
[WH]-Wilou84
Rêveur perpétuel
[WH]-Wilou84

MessageSujet: Re: Map 21 - Chapel of Ghouls (by Adrian Hanekom, Rauno Marks and [WH]-Wilou84)   Map 21 - Chapel of Ghouls (by Adrian Hanekom, Rauno Marks and [WH]-Wilou84) - Page 2 EmptyMar 14 Avr 2015, 23:38

Thanks for sending me the map !

I've played it, and yeah it's really promising. I'll be glad to help, and my main concern will be : "Not ruining your original ideas", I promise Wink

I like the setup, the player can almost do whatever he likes. Some parts of the map are also quite pretty as they are now, I must say Cool

I'm partial to not having a way to lower the pillar to the Berserk if it's raised too much. It means that you can fail to get the secret and not be able to reach it any more.
But it's my only gripe, and a very minor one, so it's fine Smile
[WH]-Wilou84
Rêveur perpétuel
[WH]-Wilou84

MessageSujet: Re: Map 21 - Chapel of Ghouls (by Adrian Hanekom, Rauno Marks and [WH]-Wilou84)   Map 21 - Chapel of Ghouls (by Adrian Hanekom, Rauno Marks and [WH]-Wilou84) - Page 2 EmptyJeu 16 Avr 2015, 21:27

Ok, so I have a couple questions for you here Mr. Hanekom Smile

1) What is your idea regarding the ending of the map ?
As I see it, there are three keys you can gather in any order you like ( which is great ), and also a red door and a blue door. Haven't seen a Yellow door, was it supposed to be included as the exit door or something after some switches are activated behind Blue and Red doors ?

2) Do you have any speedrunning tricks in mind for this map, or even a UV Speed route ?
franckFRAG
Modérateur du chaos
franckFRAG

MessageSujet: Re: Map 21 - Chapel of Ghouls (by Adrian Hanekom, Rauno Marks and [WH]-Wilou84)   Map 21 - Chapel of Ghouls (by Adrian Hanekom, Rauno Marks and [WH]-Wilou84) - Page 2 EmptyDim 19 Avr 2015, 18:43

Ok, I placed Chapel of Gouls in slot22. I think that it's a good placement according with my map 21.

Edit, I quickly replaced some marble textures by those of NT :

Screens:

Dernière édition par franckFRAG le Dim 19 Avr 2015, 21:20, édité 1 fois
[WH]-Wilou84
Rêveur perpétuel
[WH]-Wilou84

MessageSujet: Re: Map 21 - Chapel of Ghouls (by Adrian Hanekom, Rauno Marks and [WH]-Wilou84)   Map 21 - Chapel of Ghouls (by Adrian Hanekom, Rauno Marks and [WH]-Wilou84) - Page 2 EmptyDim 19 Avr 2015, 21:19

I've started working on this, hopefully all my edits can be finished within a fortnight.
Plenty of varied and interesting shapes, something I'm unable to do on my own maps. Having a blast working on it Smile

Slot 22 will be perfect for it, thanks Franck !
franckFRAG
Modérateur du chaos
franckFRAG

MessageSujet: Re: Map 21 - Chapel of Ghouls (by Adrian Hanekom, Rauno Marks and [WH]-Wilou84)   Map 21 - Chapel of Ghouls (by Adrian Hanekom, Rauno Marks and [WH]-Wilou84) - Page 2 EmptyDim 19 Avr 2015, 21:21

Je viens d'éditer mon post, si tu veux avoir une idée de la map version NT Smile

Edit, ah tu y travaille dessus, peut-être veux-tu que je t'envois la map retexturée? Il s'agit seulement de remplacement de texture, il n'y a pas de modification de secteur.

Dernière édition par franckFRAG le Dim 19 Avr 2015, 21:24, édité 1 fois
[WH]-Wilou84
Rêveur perpétuel
[WH]-Wilou84

MessageSujet: Re: Map 21 - Chapel of Ghouls (by Adrian Hanekom, Rauno Marks and [WH]-Wilou84)   Map 21 - Chapel of Ghouls (by Adrian Hanekom, Rauno Marks and [WH]-Wilou84) - Page 2 EmptyDim 19 Avr 2015, 21:24

Cool, j'aime ce vert Wink

Il nous manquait effectivement pas mal de textures de marbre vert dans le wad de ressources ( tout ce qui est têtes de lion etc. ), c'est bien de les avoir ajoutées !

Par contre, si on bosse tous les deux en même temps sur cette map, ça ne va pas servir à grand chose.
franckFRAG
Modérateur du chaos
franckFRAG

MessageSujet: Re: Map 21 - Chapel of Ghouls (by Adrian Hanekom, Rauno Marks and [WH]-Wilou84)   Map 21 - Chapel of Ghouls (by Adrian Hanekom, Rauno Marks and [WH]-Wilou84) - Page 2 EmptyDim 19 Avr 2015, 21:28

Héhé, oui j'ai été surpris de ne pas voir de texture de marbre vert dans le wad ressource, c'est un comble! Sinon, ba oui ça risque d'être problématique de bosser à deux dessus xD Je ne sais pas où tu en es, mais comme je l'ai dis à mon post au dessus, j'ai seulement fais du "find and replace". Je pense qu'il vaut mieux que je t'envoie la map, le remplacement de texture m'a pris 10 minutes Smile
[WH]-Wilou84
Rêveur perpétuel
[WH]-Wilou84

MessageSujet: Re: Map 21 - Chapel of Ghouls (by Adrian Hanekom, Rauno Marks and [WH]-Wilou84)   Map 21 - Chapel of Ghouls (by Adrian Hanekom, Rauno Marks and [WH]-Wilou84) - Page 2 EmptyDim 19 Avr 2015, 21:34

franckFRAG a écrit:
Héhé, oui j'ai été surpris de ne pas voir de texture de marbre vert dans le wad ressource, c'est un comble! Sinon, ba oui ça risque d'être problématique de bosser à deux dessus xD Je ne sais pas où tu en es, mais comme je l'ai dis à mon post au dessus, j'ai seulement fais du "find and replace". Je pense qu'il vaut mieux que je t'envoie la map, le remplacement de texture m'a pris 10 minutes Smile
Eh bien, j'ai ajouté 300 secteurs sur la map pour le moment...
J'imagine que ces nouvelles textures seront dans le prochain wad de ressources ? Smile
Si oui, je peux attendre que ce wad soit prêt, et faire un "Find & Replace" comme tu l'as fait.
franckFRAG
Modérateur du chaos
franckFRAG

MessageSujet: Re: Map 21 - Chapel of Ghouls (by Adrian Hanekom, Rauno Marks and [WH]-Wilou84)   Map 21 - Chapel of Ghouls (by Adrian Hanekom, Rauno Marks and [WH]-Wilou84) - Page 2 EmptyDim 19 Avr 2015, 21:38

Je viens t'envoyer le dernier wad ressource et la map pour te donner une idée Smile
[WH]-Wilou84
Rêveur perpétuel
[WH]-Wilou84

MessageSujet: Re: Map 21 - Chapel of Ghouls (by Adrian Hanekom, Rauno Marks and [WH]-Wilou84)   Map 21 - Chapel of Ghouls (by Adrian Hanekom, Rauno Marks and [WH]-Wilou84) - Page 2 EmptyDim 19 Avr 2015, 21:46

Merci à toi, c'est très joli !
Je vais voir comment je peux ajouter plus de vert du coup Wink

George Orwell
deathevokation
Cacodémon
deathevokation

MessageSujet: Re: Map 21 - Chapel of Ghouls (by Adrian Hanekom, Rauno Marks and [WH]-Wilou84)   Map 21 - Chapel of Ghouls (by Adrian Hanekom, Rauno Marks and [WH]-Wilou84) - Page 2 EmptyMar 21 Avr 2015, 19:37

Hello Wilou!

[WH]-Wilou84 a écrit:
I'm partial to not having a way to lower the pillar to the Berserk if it's raised too much. It means that you can fail to get the secret and not be able to reach it any more.
But it's my only gripe, and a very minor one, so it's fine Smile
You're kind of right about it being able to be raised too much, but I like it and it makes it a secret kind of. That quirkiness makes it quite a unique and almost 'puzzle' secret that makes you go 'aha!' and gives the room a little character. ;P
That area was actually designed by Rauno Marks. I've already deleted a ton of his stuff already,  so maybe we can keep that? I don't want him to hate me even more Razz

[WH]-Wilou84 a écrit:
Ok, so I have a couple questions for you here Mr. Hanekom Smile

1) What is your idea regarding the ending of the map ?
As I see it, there are three keys you can gather in any order you like ( which is great ), and also a red door and a blue door. Haven't seen a Yellow door, was it supposed to be included as the exit door or something after some switches are activated behind Blue and Red doors ?
I had an idea but I think it's really an unepic and generic way to finish the level off, given that I ran out of space there... if you have any ideas feel free to join them somehow, as long as we keep the map kind of short and sweet. Smile

[WH]-Wilou84 a écrit:

2) Do you have any speedrunning tricks in mind for this map, or even a UV Speed route ?
I never have ideas for tricks to be honest, I'm useless when it comes to speedrun tricks, so I just focus on UV max haha. Dunno, feel free to add some if you can find any. Smile

PS: I'm glad you're enjoying working on the map! :>

Cheers everyone, have a great week
[WH]-Wilou84
Rêveur perpétuel
[WH]-Wilou84

MessageSujet: Re: Map 21 - Chapel of Ghouls (by Adrian Hanekom, Rauno Marks and [WH]-Wilou84)   Map 21 - Chapel of Ghouls (by Adrian Hanekom, Rauno Marks and [WH]-Wilou84) - Page 2 EmptyMer 22 Avr 2015, 22:04

deathevokation a écrit:
That area was actually designed by Rauno Marks. I've already deleted a ton of his stuff already,  so maybe we can keep that? I don't want him to hate me even more Razz
Haha, okay, no worries there, it's definitely gonna stay in. Smile
Observant players will surely figure it out anyway.

As for speedrunning tricks, the least we could do is allowing a glide at the red bars, so that the player would only need two out of three keys.

Working on the YK part at the moment. I'm trying to make something as fast-paced and entertaining as the other two key parts, we'll see how it goes !
deathevokation
Cacodémon
deathevokation

MessageSujet: Re: Map 21 - Chapel of Ghouls (by Adrian Hanekom, Rauno Marks and [WH]-Wilou84)   Map 21 - Chapel of Ghouls (by Adrian Hanekom, Rauno Marks and [WH]-Wilou84) - Page 2 EmptyJeu 23 Avr 2015, 12:21

Cool Smile
I'm really looking forward to seeing what you come up with, and I really like the idea of every mapper doing a different route, dunno if that's ever been done before on a 3 man collaboration? Razz
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Map 21 - Chapel of Ghouls (by Adrian Hanekom, Rauno Marks and [WH]-Wilou84)   Map 21 - Chapel of Ghouls (by Adrian Hanekom, Rauno Marks and [WH]-Wilou84) - Page 2 Empty

Map 21 - Chapel of Ghouls (by Adrian Hanekom, Rauno Marks and [WH]-Wilou84)
Page 1 sur 3Aller à la page : 1, 2, 3  Suivant