AccueilAccueil  PortailPortail  FAQFAQ  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  ConnexionConnexion  

Partagez | 

Map 23 - Chapel of Ghouls (by Adrian Hanekom, Rauno Marks and [WH]-Wilou84)

Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2, 3
AuteurMessage
deathevokation
Cacodémon

Clan(s) : ( Aucun )

MessageSujet: Re: Map 23 - Chapel of Ghouls (by Adrian Hanekom, Rauno Marks and [WH]-Wilou84)   Mer 06 Mai 2015, 08:48

Well... I wrote my exam and I feel like I've failed, damn, going to waste another 6 months of my life, the thing is that I knew everything and even if I had to rewrite I still wouldn't have finished... because of the fact that you have to write so much in such a little time... as someone who has seizures and takes medication that makes my brain slower I don't think I'm mentally capable of finishing. Sad

Anyway, with that out the way... I think I'm going to play around with the texturing / layout a bit with my route a little bit... not sure when though.

I think I preffered having the lost souls descend from the bars in the one trap to be honest, because they're ghosts so they can move through things. Razz

Hope everything's going well with everyone!
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
[WH]-Wilou84
Rêveur perpétuel

MessageSujet: Re: Map 23 - Chapel of Ghouls (by Adrian Hanekom, Rauno Marks and [WH]-Wilou84)   Ven 08 Mai 2015, 09:48

deathevokation a écrit:
Well... I wrote my exam and I feel like I've failed,
Argh that sucks mate Sad
Could you be given an extra 30 minute / 1 hour time considering your health condition ?

deathevokation a écrit:
I think I preffered having the lost souls descend from the bars in the one trap to be honest, because they're ghosts so they can move through things. Razz
Oh okay Smile
Fine then, but I believe this trap would be a bit too easy with only Lost Souls and a HK + Demon.
Maybe you could then replace the Chaingunner with a Revenant... ?
Revenants on upper tiers + HKs on the floor is always a nice setup, I think.

deathevokation
Cacodémon

MessageSujet: Re: Map 23 - Chapel of Ghouls (by Adrian Hanekom, Rauno Marks and [WH]-Wilou84)   Ven 08 Mai 2015, 23:16

That sounds really evil, haha... I'll try it. Smile

Thanks again for helping me with the map, btw!
deathevokation
Cacodémon

MessageSujet: Re: Map 23 - Chapel of Ghouls (by Adrian Hanekom, Rauno Marks and [WH]-Wilou84)   Sam 20 Juin 2015, 18:19

Hey.... I'm sending an update and made a few changes. Smile

Highlights:
* moved the map to slot 22 to make Franck's life easier.
* added some more rockets in the level... not too much, but I think the final encounter might be a bit too hard without them because the monsters don't die quick enough with just the plasma rifle IMO, and suddenly the archviles enter the room and you're dead. As is I don't think someone will survive this encounter without prior knowledge. But I just might suck, so I need opinions from the rest of the team? Maybe an extra five seconds before the archviles enter the room and/or I remove the rockets, or what? Razz
* some aesthetic changes; mostly small changes that probably only I'll notice.
* new track taken from Crucified Dreams, makes the map a lot more atmospheric and haunting. I'm sure you like it, Wilou. Smile
* I added a few balancing changes and other adjustments that I can't remember, too many small petty things that I'd forget the next day. Razz

Have a good weekend, everyone. Smile
[WH]-Wilou84
Rêveur perpétuel

MessageSujet: Re: Map 23 - Chapel of Ghouls (by Adrian Hanekom, Rauno Marks and [WH]-Wilou84)   Sam 20 Juin 2015, 20:47

Thanks Adrian !
I've just played the map, and I like the changes you made Smile

deathevokation a écrit:
Highlights:
* added some more rockets in the level... not too much, but I think the final encounter might be a bit too hard without them because the monsters don't die quick enough with just the plasma rifle IMO, and suddenly the archviles enter the room and you're dead. As is I don't think someone will survive this encounter without prior knowledge. But I just might suck, so I need opinions from the rest of the team? Maybe an extra five seconds before the archviles enter the room and/or I remove the rockets, or what? Razz
Yeah this little fight is supposed to be a bit brutal... Necromantic Thirst needs these moments, so that the player gets a good kick in the teeth sometimes. Wink
You're supposed to deal with the last couple remaining Revenants when the Viles open the door, you still have some time to hide / switch to RL but yeah it can be tricky.
We're still very far from, say, Stardate 20X6's difficulty level though.

I think you're right, adding some more rockets is the best decision here. Let's be a bit merciful.
Besides, the room is tight so rockets will take some skill to be put to good use.

deathevokation a écrit:
* some aesthetic changes; mostly small changes that probably only I'll notice.
Hehe, I see you switched back to using the FWATG1 floor texture in your section, sorry for changing it then !
The reason why I changed this one was because it's supposedly a tech texture ( some slime under a glass / plexiglas transparent floor ) and felt out of place to me. But it's fine this way too.

deathevokation a écrit:
* new track taken from Crucified Dreams, makes the map a lot more atmospheric and haunting. I'm sure you like it, Wilou. Smile
Yep, cool track ! Fits in very well.
I assume you didn't get word from PRIMEVAL then, though ?

Have a good week-end as well, and thanks again for your dedication !

franckFRAG
Modérateur du chaos

MessageSujet: Re: Map 23 - Chapel of Ghouls (by Adrian Hanekom, Rauno Marks and [WH]-Wilou84)   Mar 11 Aoû 2015, 23:03

This map is it ended? I remember that there were many of screens posted, with the new atmosphere of NT. Smile

http://doomstaze.free.fr
[WH]-Wilou84
Rêveur perpétuel

MessageSujet: Re: Map 23 - Chapel of Ghouls (by Adrian Hanekom, Rauno Marks and [WH]-Wilou84)   Mar 11 Aoû 2015, 23:06

Je crois qu'il attend une nouvelle texture pour la porte d'entrée ( celle dont il parle dans le sujet des ressources ), et après il t'enverra la version finale. Smile
Mais sinon oui, la map est grosso modo terminée.

franckFRAG
Modérateur du chaos

MessageSujet: Re: Map 23 - Chapel of Ghouls (by Adrian Hanekom, Rauno Marks and [WH]-Wilou84)   Mar 11 Aoû 2015, 23:11

Ah ok, effectivement, il manque des textures Hellish... Il faut vraiment que je m'y attèle à ça, deux trois textures de porte, ce n'est pas grand chose Smile

Dans ce cas, je vais la mettre en 98% Razz

http://doomstaze.free.fr
deathevokation
Cacodémon

MessageSujet: Re: Map 23 - Chapel of Ghouls (by Adrian Hanekom, Rauno Marks and [WH]-Wilou84)   Mer 12 Aoû 2015, 02:22

Yep, pretty much what Wilou said, I might have made a small change here and there since I sent the map to Wilou... it'll be complete once I change the door texture. Smile
[WH]-Wilou84
Rêveur perpétuel

MessageSujet: Re: Map 23 - Chapel of Ghouls (by Adrian Hanekom, Rauno Marks and [WH]-Wilou84)   Dim 24 Avr 2016, 19:24

@ Franck : Pour référence, DeathevokatioN m'a renvoyé la dernière version de cette map. Il ne manque plus que la texture de porte à inclure dans le wad de ressources ( cf. mon mail du 19/12/2015 ), et la map sera complète Wink

[WH]-Wilou84
Rêveur perpétuel

MessageSujet: Re: Map 23 - Chapel of Ghouls (by Adrian Hanekom, Rauno Marks and [WH]-Wilou84)   Dim 28 Aoû 2016, 09:16

@ DeathevokatioN : All right, the hellish door / panel texture you requested is in the latest resource pack Smile
It's called "BIGDOO27", in "NT-Ressources-Pack-2a.wad".

[WH]-Wilou84
Rêveur perpétuel

MessageSujet: Re: Map 23 - Chapel of Ghouls (by Adrian Hanekom, Rauno Marks and [WH]-Wilou84)   Sam 01 Sep 2018, 09:34

Par rapport à ce qu'on se disait hier lors du point d'équipe :

- JC trouve que l'utilisation des textures de marbre vert du Doom classique ne rend pas très bien dans Necromantic Thirst, et que ça donne trop l'impression que cette map est une map de Doom II retexturée pour NT (ce qui est un peu vrai Razz).

Je comprends cette remarque.
Je vais donc changer les textures de marbre vert sur cette map, mais j'aimerais garder un contraste entre un marbre vert "soft" et le vert un peu plus prononcé de NT (le vert de la texture GAGREEN1).
Du coup, Franck, est-ce que tu pourrais stp essayer de faire des variantes de GSTONE1, MARBLE1, GSTGARG, MARBFAC2 etc. qui tirent un peu plus sur le vert de MARBG1 sans pour autant avoir une couleur aussi intense ?
D'avance, si tu peux, merci !
Ca pourrait donner une certaine particularité à cette map.

- La map repose au départ sur la menace d'un Cyberdémon qui peut suivre le joueur au début et le forcer à se cacher pour aller récupérer des armes dans le reste du niveau et revenir le tuer par la suite.
Je me dis qu'un seul Cyberdémon, pour NT et par rapport à ce que le joueur aura déjà affronté à ce stade, c'est peut-être pas suffisant. J'envisage donc de mettre deux Cybers au lieu d'un seul.

Il faut que je discute de tout ça avec DeathevokatioN Smile

Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Map 23 - Chapel of Ghouls (by Adrian Hanekom, Rauno Marks and [WH]-Wilou84)   

Map 23 - Chapel of Ghouls (by Adrian Hanekom, Rauno Marks and [WH]-Wilou84)
Page 3 sur 3Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2, 3