AccueilAccueil  PortailPortail  FAQFAQ  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  ConnexionConnexion  

Partagez | 

Joshy / DeathevokatioN - E3 submission: Crawl

AuteurMessage
deathevokation
Cacodémon

Clan(s) : ( Aucun )

MessageSujet: Joshy / DeathevokatioN - E3 submission: Crawl   Mer 07 Oct 2015, 22:46

Hey everyone, is there space in E3 for another map about the same length/difficulty as Chapel of Ghouls? Because I might have something. I've worked on it a little bit more since my last post in the project advancement thread, and things are looking up since then, so maybe it'll fit, haha.

It's not really photogenic atm and I haven't converted the textures to the NT so I don't have any screenshots yet, Razz

Dernière édition par deathevokation le Sam 10 Oct 2015, 01:53, édité 1 fois
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
[WH]-Wilou84
Rêveur perpétuel

MessageSujet: Re: Joshy / DeathevokatioN - E3 submission: Crawl   Ven 09 Oct 2015, 00:11

deathevokation a écrit:
Hey everyone, is there space in E3 for another map about the same length/difficulty as Chapel of Ghouls?
Hey Adrian Smile

Hmm, IMHO as regards to map size it could work wonders, but the difficulty would probably have to be nerfed up. :>
One of the original goals of NT was to have a very hard E3 that would give some trouble even to modern Doom gods like j4rio, dannebubinga, TimeOfDeath etc., and I think we have a couple "easy-ish" maps in E3 already - that's why I felt the need to add some kind of nasty fight at the end of "Chapel of Ghouls", which was definitely a great map but a tad too easy for NT as a whole.

Stardate 20X6's difficulty level is IMHO a standard that we should be aiming for here, as it is supremely hard without having too many monsters and without being based on severe ammo/weapon restriction - my own maps already covering the "too many monsters" part :p

Thanks again for your interest, Adrian !
Please feel free to continue working on that map, and we could discuss it again later. I'm positive Franck could be interested Smile
The time poured in it won't be wasted anyways.

deathevokation
Cacodémon

MessageSujet: Re: Joshy / DeathevokatioN - E3 submission: Crawl   Ven 09 Oct 2015, 20:15

Hey, well I've thought about it a little, and maybe I'll give up the slot, not just because you're right (the first three maps of E3 seem smallish, so to market the wad as catering to the Doom gods the remaining maps would have to be difficult like you said) but also I should focus on actually FINISHING maps, haha. I already have 2 other maps for this project that I need to finish as well, and am happy with my contributions so far. Smile
deathevokation
Cacodémon

MessageSujet: Re: Joshy / DeathevokatioN - E3 submission: Crawl   Sam 10 Oct 2015, 01:29

For some reason I can't stop playing with this map. It does start out straight forward, and then it spikes a LOT. bounce

I guess I'll just carry on and see how it ends, I don't mind having the map 'butchered' btw, especially since I'm overwhelmed with the E3 texture set, haha
deathevokation
Cacodémon

MessageSujet: Re: Joshy / DeathevokatioN - E3 submission: Crawl   Sam 10 Oct 2015, 01:52

First triple post I've ever made on a forum:

I spoke to Joshy, and the map is going to be between him and myself! I've told him to help me make the gameplay hard as shit, so it's official! Very Happy
[WH]-Wilou84
Rêveur perpétuel

MessageSujet: Re: Joshy / DeathevokatioN - E3 submission: Crawl   Sam 10 Oct 2015, 08:58

deathevokation a écrit:
First triple post I've ever made on a forum:

I spoke to Joshy, and the map is going to be between him and myself! I've told him to help me make the gameplay hard as shit, so it's official! Very Happy
Wow !
Pretty exciting news, good luck to both of you for this Wink

deathevokation a écrit:
I should focus on actually FINISHING maps, haha.
Heh, we're on the same page here Smile

franckFRAG
Modérateur du chaos

MessageSujet: Re: Joshy / DeathevokatioN - E3 submission: Crawl   Sam 10 Oct 2015, 10:45

Hey Adrian! Actually, it's a good news! I'm very curious to see the result of your duo! That seems to me exciting Smile Currently, There isn't more than the slot 28 of free, I can reserve this slot for you. Smile

http://doomstaze.free.fr
deathevokation
Cacodémon

MessageSujet: Re: Joshy / DeathevokatioN - E3 submission: Crawl   Dim 11 Oct 2015, 22:24

Thanks guys, I hope the map doesn't disappoint. Wink
It starts off a little controlled with some shotgun action and old schoolish progression, but there'll be an insane difficulty spike, haha.
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Joshy / DeathevokatioN - E3 submission: Crawl   

Joshy / DeathevokatioN - E3 submission: Crawl
Page 1 sur 1