Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

AccueilAccueil  PortailPortail  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  ConnexionConnexion  
Le Deal du moment : -40%
Tefal Ingenio Emotion – Batterie de cuisine 10 ...
Voir le deal
59.99 €

Chex Quest: Assault on Chextropolis - RELEASED

3 participants
AuteurMessage
Stormwalker
Soldat
Stormwalker

Clan(s) : ( Aucun )

Chex Quest:  Assault on Chextropolis - RELEASED Empty
MessageSujet: Chex Quest: Assault on Chextropolis - RELEASED   Chex Quest:  Assault on Chextropolis - RELEASED EmptyDim 16 Sep 2018, 09:07

Chex Quest: Assault on Chextropolis is a large single-player level for Chex Quest. It requires CHEX3.WAD and ZDoom(or one of its variants) in order to run. Difficulty settings have been implemented.

Chex Quest 3 is free.  You can download CHEX3.WAD legally from this site:  http://www.chucktropolis.com/gamers.htm

Story

6 years after the invasion of Ralston, the Intergalactic Federation of Cereals detected an object hurtling through space on a collision course with the planet. Scientists at the IFC calculated the probable time of impact based on the speed of the incoming object, and then began looking for ways to either alter the object's course or destroy it altogether. IFC High Command authorized the use of O.A.T.S.(Orbital Assault Termination System) units currently circling Planet Ralston to fire on the huge projectile, but analysis showed the shots from the O.A.T.S. were being diverted by some mysterious force. The top minds at the IFC were at a loss to explain how this was happening, but by the time they learned the unfortunate truth, it was too late to stop the object from making impact near Chextropolis.

As the object neared the planet, scientists discovered the shocking truth: This was no ordinary meteor or space debris, it was a second Flemoid Meteor-Spaceship! The orbital defense blasts were of no use because the Meteor-Spaceship was equipped with deflector shields which would require specialized weaponry to defeat. A distress beacon immediately went out to all neighboring planets warning of the danger and asking for help, but by the time these planets received the transmission, the Meteor-Spaceship was mere hours away from impact, and reinforcements from any neighboring planet would be unable to arrive in time to stop the ensuing invasion. So the IFC called upon the one man they knew would come to their aid in this time of crisis: Fred Chexter...The Chex Warrior!

Screenshots

Spoiler:

IDGAMES LINK: (https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom/Ports/a-c/cqaoc)

Dernière édition par Stormwalker le Sam 06 Oct 2018, 11:05, édité 6 fois
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Emmanuelexe
Spider Mastermind
Emmanuelexe

MessageSujet: Re: Chex Quest: Assault on Chextropolis - RELEASED   Chex Quest:  Assault on Chextropolis - RELEASED EmptyDim 16 Sep 2018, 17:27

It looks really cool, i played a lot of CQ expansions and sp maps, i will check it, thanks! Smile
[WH]-Wilou84
Rêveur perpétuel
[WH]-Wilou84

MessageSujet: Re: Chex Quest: Assault on Chextropolis - RELEASED   Chex Quest:  Assault on Chextropolis - RELEASED EmptyLun 17 Sep 2018, 00:10

Hey Stormwalker, nice to see you're still mapping !
I don't have Chex Quest, but from the looks of the screenies, the map looks massive.

George Orwell
https://dsdarchive.com/players/william_huber
Stormwalker
Soldat
Stormwalker

MessageSujet: Re: Chex Quest: Assault on Chextropolis - RELEASED   Chex Quest:  Assault on Chextropolis - RELEASED EmptyLun 17 Sep 2018, 00:21

[WH]-Wilou84 a écrit:
Hey Stormwalker, nice to see you're still mapping !
I don't have Chex Quest, but from the looks of the screenies, the map looks massive.

Chex Quest 3 is free. You can download CHEX3.WAD legally from this site: http://www.chucktropolis.com/gamers.htm

I probably should have put that in the first post, sorry. I am updating the post now.
[WH]-Wilou84
Rêveur perpétuel
[WH]-Wilou84

MessageSujet: Re: Chex Quest: Assault on Chextropolis - RELEASED   Chex Quest:  Assault on Chextropolis - RELEASED EmptyMar 18 Sep 2018, 00:53

All right, didn't know that Smile
To be honest, though, I never really cared about Chex Quest. From the little I know, it seems like a toned-down version of Doom ("toned down" as in "less monsters, less weapons") made for kids. But who knows, I'll surely enjoy it anyway.

I'll get the wad and try your map tomorrow. It shall be my very first venture into the world of Chex Quest, so it better be good Razz

George Orwell
Stormwalker
Soldat
Stormwalker

MessageSujet: Re: Chex Quest: Assault on Chextropolis - RELEASED   Chex Quest:  Assault on Chextropolis - RELEASED EmptyMar 18 Sep 2018, 17:45

[WH]-Wilou84 a écrit:

To be honest, though, I never really cared about Chex Quest. From the little I know, it seems like a toned-down version of Doom ("toned down" as in "less monsters, less weapons") made for kids. But who knows, I'll surely enjoy it anyway.

In large part, you are right. Chex Quest was definitely designed to be non-violent, easy, and bright and colorful because it was made for smaller children. There are no hitscan monsters, and no big threats like the Cyberdemon, Arch-Vile or Revenant. With this wad, I tried to increase the difficulty quite a bit over the original levels, but it is still by no means a hard wad, because by nature the gameplay in Chex Quest is going to be easier than regular Doom.
[WH]-Wilou84
Rêveur perpétuel
[WH]-Wilou84

MessageSujet: Re: Chex Quest: Assault on Chextropolis - RELEASED   Chex Quest:  Assault on Chextropolis - RELEASED EmptyMer 19 Sep 2018, 00:24

I've just finished the map, well that was pretty fun Smile

When you know Doom, it doesn't take too much time to get used to all the new Chex Quest items, weapons, enemies and decoration elements. I think the basic weapons look a bit too much alike, and I'd have appreciated if the HUD could include the max ammo capacity like in Doom, but it didn't matter much. Except at the very beginning where you deplete all your ammo on the first horde, there never was a moment where ammo came at a premium. And that's cool. Smile

Indeed, the lack of hitscanners and the fact that even the larger Flemoids only shoot slow projectiles make it hard to put pressure on the player, but there definitely were some spicy moments in there (when you pick up the Plasma Gun equivalent in the sewers, or in the ship at the end). It's a fun game for sure.

Some of the enemies could even be scary, mostly those worm-like creatures (Flemoid Larvas, according to the wiki).

The whole thing made me think of Blood and Duke Nukem 3D rather than Doom, thanks to the hero's one-liners and the various "realistic" places that you visit (there's even a theatre with a few classic pop culture references !).
Looking at the wad, it seems like you recorded the sounds yourself... ?
Nice.

I've only found 4 secrets out of 6, all of them were correctly indicated by clues.

Noticed this in the museum :
Chex Quest:  Assault on Chextropolis - RELEASED Zdoom_11

So yeah, I'm sure this map will complement the OG maps pretty well - and I should play them when I have the opportunity, but your map is a fine introduction to Chex Quest's universe nevertheless. Thanks for sharing !

George Orwell
Stormwalker
Soldat
Stormwalker

MessageSujet: Re: Chex Quest: Assault on Chextropolis - RELEASED   Chex Quest:  Assault on Chextropolis - RELEASED EmptyMer 19 Sep 2018, 04:33

Thanks Wilou! I really appreciate you playing the level. And I agree with your points as well.
Stormwalker
Soldat
Stormwalker

MessageSujet: Re: Chex Quest: Assault on Chextropolis - RELEASED   Chex Quest:  Assault on Chextropolis - RELEASED EmptySam 22 Sep 2018, 21:46

A 2nd beta is now available, featuring bug fixes and additions. I updated the OP with a new download link.

What's New
-Added a scripted intro sequence to set the story up
-Changed the sector movement sound to something much more appropriate
-Re-did the lighting at the beginning of the final area
-Fixed some texture misalignments/bad texture choices
-Put a few new overhead lights in the Museum
-Added more/better lighting to the Theater
-Added a few more enemies in the final area to increase incidental encounters
-Fixed some barely noticeable bugs/anomalies
Stormwalker
Soldat
Stormwalker

MessageSujet: Re: Chex Quest: Assault on Chextropolis - RELEASED   Chex Quest:  Assault on Chextropolis - RELEASED EmptySam 06 Oct 2018, 11:05

The wad has been completed and uploaded to the /idgames archive.  Thanks to all who played and gave feedback! The first post has been updated with the /idgames download link.
[WH]-Wilou84
Rêveur perpétuel
[WH]-Wilou84

MessageSujet: Re: Chex Quest: Assault on Chextropolis - RELEASED   Chex Quest:  Assault on Chextropolis - RELEASED EmptyDim 07 Oct 2018, 09:10

Thanks for the update. Smile

So, what's next ? Are you planning on coming back to Doom-related stuff ?

George Orwell
Stormwalker
Soldat
Stormwalker

MessageSujet: Re: Chex Quest: Assault on Chextropolis - RELEASED   Chex Quest:  Assault on Chextropolis - RELEASED EmptyDim 07 Oct 2018, 18:20

[WH]-Wilou84 a écrit:
Thanks for the update. Smile

So, what's next ? Are you planning on coming back to Doom-related stuff ?

I'd say that my next map likely will be for either Doom II or Heretic.
Stormwalker
Soldat
Stormwalker

MessageSujet: Re: Chex Quest: Assault on Chextropolis - RELEASED   Chex Quest:  Assault on Chextropolis - RELEASED EmptyVen 19 Oct 2018, 06:41

Hey guys,

A buddy of mine, CHCMATT, has uploaded a video of himself playing through Assault on Chextropolis in its entirety. The link is below if anyone is interested in viewing it. Fair warning: The video is quite long and very much unedited!

https://youtu.be/f6Y1I7i05_c
[WH]-Wilou84
Rêveur perpétuel
[WH]-Wilou84

MessageSujet: Re: Chex Quest: Assault on Chextropolis - RELEASED   Chex Quest:  Assault on Chextropolis - RELEASED EmptyDim 16 Déc 2018, 10:45

Le wad a été reviewé par KMX E XII !
https://onemandoom.blogspot.com/2018/12/assault-on-chextropolis-cqaocwad.html

George Orwell
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Chex Quest: Assault on Chextropolis - RELEASED   Chex Quest:  Assault on Chextropolis - RELEASED Empty

Chex Quest: Assault on Chextropolis - RELEASED
Page 1 sur 1