Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

AccueilAccueil  PortailPortail  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  ConnexionConnexion  
Le Deal du moment :
Pokémon EV06 : où acheter le Bundle Lot ...
Voir le deal

Read me first ! - Some help about these boards

AuteurMessage
[WH]-Wilou84
Rêveur perpétuel
[WH]-Wilou84

Read me first ! - Some help about these boards Empty
MessageSujet: Read me first ! - Some help about these boards   Read me first ! - Some help about these boards EmptyMar 24 Juil 2007, 13:23

Hello and welcome to the French Doom Community forums Smile
Here is some help about the forums, because even if it's easy for us, you may have trouble browsing on them. We suggest you read them carefully before posting, thanks Smile

First, here is a short overview of all the boards :

-- French Doom Community --

-- News / Announcements :
Some important ( or not ) things we want to tell you. Usually, it's about new forum organisation, Moderation and / or Administration changes, and major source port releases.

-- Topicality :
News related to members and / or facts in the Community, birthdays, departures and come-backs... Smile

-- Ideas :
Discussions about your ideas for the forums : themes, pictures and colors, management, ideas for new sections...

-- Introductions :
New members can write a short description of themselves here Smile
But this one is for French members, so here, in the English-speaking Area, you'll soon have your own Introduction section !
It's here : Introductions.

-- Bla Bla Bla :
Here we can talk about everything and nothing, often not Doom-related Smile
You can post in there ( read below about posting in a French-speaking section please ^^ ), and you'll have your own Bla-bla section too, soon Smile
Here : Offtopic

-- English-speaking Area :
Heh, this is this section Smile

-- Mapping :
Ask and reply to questions about Doom mapping, scripts, lumps, editing... Smile
This is not the good place to post your wads and releases, though. We'll talk about that later on.

-- Tournaments :
Now the fun begins :p
We run tournaments which are opened to many people, so you can subscribe too Smile
Those tourneys have nothing to do with the clan [CFD], they're completely public.

-- Clan [CFD] - Public :
Here is shown all the information about the clan [CFD] : line-up, recruitment ( French players only, obviously ), matches...
There is a special topic here, if you want to challenge us Smile

-- Other games :
Well, even if Doom is the best game ever, we have a section for all the other games too Smile
In this section, you can create a new subject to talk about the game you want, but please check first if the subject doesn't already exist :>

-- Videos :
Here, you can post your questions about video editing, as well as adding and downloading home-made videos.
We have a subsection for the Doom frag highlight movies cheers
It's here : Doom Frag Movies

-- Computing :
Here is the right place if you have some questions about computing problems, internet which doesn't work, trolls about Linux and stuff ^^

-- Doom I, II, 3, Final Doom --

The sections about Doom, Doom II, Doom 3, Doom 64 and Final Doom are self-explanatory. Post your questions about those games in these parts. We also have illustrated guides for the Doom games : walkthroughs, cheat codes, information about weapons and monsters... Smile
All in French, sorry :p

-- Demos :
Here at CFD, we are big fans of demos. We record lots of them, on many different ports. That's why the Demo section is divided into subsections, explained here :
- CFD-N : For Single Player speedrunners. We record demos in different categories ( finishing the level in Ultra-Violence or Nightmare, including killing all the monsters and finding all the secrets ( Max ) or not ( Speed )) and on different Wads ( The Ultimate Doom, Doom II, Final Doom, Alien Vendetta, Hell Revealed, Requiem, Hell Revealed II... ), and going as fast as possible of course. We use the port PrBoom and record standard .lmp demos here.
Specific rules are shown in the section.
- Multiplayer demos : Here, we talk about our multiplayer matches and individual performances in 1-on-1, Capture the Flag; Team DeathMatch... Usually, demos are .zdos from ZDaemon, contained in archives. Link to our tourney demos are also given there.
- Other demos : This section contains misc. demos, tricks, something you want to share... It also contains the discussion about the Heretic-N, for you Heretic lovers Smile

-- Ports :
Here, you can talk about Doom ports, like ZDaemon, ZDoom, Skulltag, jDoom, Odamex.. Many trolls lurk in there. :p

-- Iwads :
Not the most active part of our boards. Here we talk about Iwads. Iwads are original wads based on the Doom engine, like Heretic, Hexen and Strife. I guess you can also talk about Blood and Duke Nukem 3D there, but there's a subject for Blood in the Other Games section I think.

-- Pwads :
Pwads are the wads made by other people ( not you ! ), like Alien Vendetta or Demonfear. If you find a really cool wad and you want to tell us, make a thread about it Wink

-- Wads :
Ah, finally, the place to talk about YOUR wads and releases \o/
If you want to adverstise your Doom-related creations, maps, mods, skins..., go on Smile

/!\ All those sections are in French. If you want to post a reply or a request in them, please try to write in French, and if you can't, write it in English ( only English please Smile ) and a member will translate your post in French for the other users. Thanks for your comprehension.

Ok, so here are all the forums boards, I hope it's more clear now :>

And since my English is far from perfect, please forgive me for the random mistakes you may see here and there.

George Orwell
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
https://dsdarchive.com/players/william_huber

Read me first ! - Some help about these boards
Page 1 sur 1