Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

AccueilAccueil  PortailPortail  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  ConnexionConnexion  
Le Deal du moment :
Pokémon EV06 : où acheter le Bundle Lot ...
Voir le deal

Dark Recollections

2 participants
AuteurMessage
deathevokation
Cacodémon
deathevokation

Clan(s) : ( Aucun )

Dark Recollections Empty
MessageSujet: Dark Recollections   Dark Recollections EmptyDim 03 Mar 2013, 20:30

New map added; E1M2. Quite a brutal map, requires mustache to play.

I decided to turn this into a mapset, however I have no idea or set target of how many maps I'm going to make, as this is only a side project to take a breather from my Doom related stuff every once in a while. So basically I'll upload as I go along! Smile

Screens:
Dark Recollections Screenshot_Heretic_20110413_200637

Another Area:
Dark Recollections Screenshot_Heretic_20110413_204206

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?aq0i7c09exbhah6

Plays as E1M1. Honest criticism / hate mail is appreciated!
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
[WH]-Wilou84
Rêveur perpétuel
[WH]-Wilou84

Dark Recollections Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Dark Recollections   Dark Recollections EmptyDim 03 Mar 2013, 22:41

Oh cool, I didn't know you were working on a Heretic project Smile
Been quite a long time I haven't played this amazing game.

I've tried both maps with ZDoom 2.5.0, on Pistol Elvenwand Start, on "Thou art a Smite-Meister" skill level.

E1M1 :
Cool starting map. Great classic Heretic atmosphere, I really enjoyed that.
Nice lighting ( or should I say "lack of", actually ), the level has a nice mood to it.

The map was quite rough indeed, with plenty of enemies ( for a first map at least ). I felt you could have added a second Iron Lich at the end, as these enemies tend to be weaker than they seem to be.

Item / health placement felt good enough to me, although I'd have liked a bit more Ethereal Arrows here and there ( the Crossbow is my favorite Heretic weapon ). Smile

4/4 secrets found.

E1M2 :
( Please note that the ZDoom console gives me like 10 lines of "missing texture SUPP332" errors when loading the map )

Nice map, with cool open areas ( like the previous one actually ). It played very well, and the succession of large battles in open areas followed by close-quarter encounters in narrow areas ( particularly with some of those Orphidians here and there ) brought a much-appreciated variety in the gameplay department.
Lighting was very good too, with a bit more light gradients here and there borrowed from your Doom mapping experience I guess.

I've noticed a few texture errors, nothing critical...

Spoiler:

Cool Maulotor fight at the end Smile
( But seriously, each time I fight one of them, I can't help but regret these things aren't as dangerous as Doom's Cyberdemons... )

2/2 secrets found.

Good work here, DeathevokatioN Wink

George Orwell
https://dsdarchive.com/players/william_huber
deathevokation
Cacodémon
deathevokation

Clan(s) : ( Aucun )

Dark Recollections Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Dark Recollections   Dark Recollections EmptyDim 10 Mar 2013, 11:05

Thanks a lot for the awesome feedback Wilou! Smile

I'm glad you enjoyed it, and yeah I'll fix the bugs / misalignments you mentioned, I'm really sick of looking at this map in the editor so it will be a while before I do it. heh

Cheers!
Contenu sponsorisé

Dark Recollections Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Dark Recollections   Dark Recollections Empty

Dark Recollections
Page 1 sur 1